Wednesday, November 30, 2005

htmWHAT?!

Having been all inspired by an ancient guru :-) and dear old friend of mine, the intrepid Cosmic Cabman, who also just got a blog, I thought I might try a brave thing like, say, a simple link or two. So I enlisted the Help button and it said:

“…

  • Google News


  • … you can simply copy the code above and paste it into your template. You'll probably want it in the sidebar, perhaps next to the archives or previous posts list…
    … etc…”

    I almost passed out. There’s a word, in Watership Down, which is used to describe a rabbit caught in the headlights: tharn. It’s that state in which you cannot move, cannot think, cannot breathe. That’s me, with code. You can’t just wave some html in my face without warning me first. I need a valium and a fluffy toy to soften the edges a bit. My last brush with html was about five years ago when I flunked the course. But I won’t be scared off that easily this time, so I grabbed a fluffy toy and clicked the link that said, “How do I learn some basic html?”

    And that’s as far as it goes, so far. Link, schmink. Maybe I need to try another template.

No comments: